Saturday, September 02, 2006

I am feeling highly flammable. I'm not trying to be deep here, I really am flammable. Today was my first day back at home, working for my dad until I can find another job. I had to paint our new slide with oil based paint. When I was done I had to wash the equipment and myself with gasoline cause dad said it was cheaper than using mineral spirits like the paint can said to do. Basically I was a walking hazard. I took a shower, but my skin still reeks of gas smell. Something new everyday around here... I wonder what danger I'll be in tomorrow. I don't know what is much worse than the danger of having ones skin burnt off! Anyway, my dad is paying me well and I am being provided for and so for that I grateful.
So, some of you are probably wondering about my life. Well, it's been an interesting few weeks since summer has been over. I've been doing a lot of heavy lifting, painting, throwing things in the dumpster, cleaning, eating out, hopping from house to house. Overall it's been exciting, but many parts have been bittersweet. I've had to say goodbye to a lot of friends. It's crazy to think I won't be spending my everyday with my dear friends from Youth Haven. I miss all of them already and a couple I've only been away from for a day.
My plans for now are to stay here with my grandma while working for my dad until I can find a job somewhere else. I am looking into moving away with a friend... maybe to Chicago! It would be totally sweet if that worked out so I am praying for doors to open. This next week I will be finishing up my internship responsibilities by finishing my paper. As of Sept. 11th I will be done with my life at CMU and moving on to my adult life post-CMU. It seems weird to be moving away from that life, but I think I am ready. God has been preparing me for something to come. I can't wait to see what it is! I am so excited to do something sweet for Jesus.
Overall life is very transitional. It don't feel it's neither here nor there. I can say the past couple weeks with friends has been invaluable and I will treasure that time always.
So my friends, that is all for now. I will be sure to update with new news as soon as I get some!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, thanks for updating. I have been wondering what has been going on in your life. sounds like things are good. When are you going to be in the Mount? Don't go blowing yourself up , ok?

Sarahhh said...

I echo kristin! Thanks for the update, roommie. I have 3 new roommates, and they're nice, but nothing compared to you, the one I had my first real apartment with...oh our home together!

:-) much love.

Anonymous said...

Haha.. I loved your title. You're so catchy.

Anonymous said...

ps. Ben Low LOVES the nasty Bubble Tea picture of me and now has it on his desktop in the largest setting possible. Ew. I blame you. :)