Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fun with Granny

I got home from work today and grandma's driveway was being redone. We walked into the house (she had been out too) and I was asking her about what they were doing to the driveway. She said plainly "They are cutting out the cracks". I said, "Cutting out the cracks?!?!" It must of been the way I said it, or perhaps the loud volume because grandma started laughing so hard! She was busting a gut, she couldn't even stand up straight! I was laughing too. She came back into the kitchen where I was and tried to start talking civily about the driveway but we both had a giggle at the tip of our tounges. She said "Haven't you noticed the cracks in our driveway?" Now, there were many men standing in the driveway and so of course my mind went straight back to where it started at the beginning of the crack joke. I tried so hard to keep a straight face, but I could do it. Grandma and I started laughing again and continued on throughout our conversation. Overall, I am pleased that my grandma still thinks about scandalous jokes that include butt cracks! It started out my evening on a good note for sure!
Other than crack jokes things here are going alright. I am missing my friends a lot, but I will get to see some soon. Monday I am going to Mt. Pleasant and Tuesday I am going to Jackson.
Yesterday I got a watch the kids and that was very enjoyable. Maria and I played games and read books. Charlie and I giggled while I tortured him with tickles and kisses. It was a pretty good day. The other night Sandy, John, the kids and I all went over to the Weil's place and played a little DDR. It was a grand event! They even made a run to Qudoba! I felt like I was at home with the randomness and of course with the DDRing. I got to show off some of my skills and cheer on the newbies. It was a great time!
I am continuing my job search. Tomorrow I'll do some faxing and more searching. I am going to try and finish up my paper too. I should be doing that instead of typing this, but you know how that goes.
That's all for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? Coming to Mt. Pleasant? Better come and visit me!!

Sarahhh said...

papers are overrated.