Friday, September 22, 2006

Chicago Update

Ok, so here's the latest...

I am going to Chicago on Sunday for an interview with one family and I am hoping to land an interview with a second by then too. The first family has two children: Ryan Danielle-3 and Owen Patrick- 15months. Their mom seemed very kind (krista, notice the descriptive word here... I almost wrote "nice") over the phone. This would be a situation where the mom works out of the home and I would take care of the kids while she is "at work". The second family is a family with 2 year old twins, one with normal development, a little girl and a boy with developmental disabilities. All I know is he is not mobile, uses a feeding tube for nurishment, and weighs 30lbs. I think it would be sweet to work for this family, so I am praying that if it's supposed to happen that the mom calls me tomorrow.

I will drive to Chicago Sunday with Sarah and her sister Emily (Emily wants to come hang out with us and see where Sarah might live). I'll drop them off to do their 14 mile run for marathon training at the park, and then head to my interview. We are staying with Shawn (Sarah's boy) for the night and then apartment hunting during the day on Monday. Pretty much is should be a sweet time. I am excited to actually look with Sarah at places instead of her driving around and me being on the phone with her.

So, if one of these families works out, I could be moving to Chicago sooner than the 2nd. AHH!! I know the family that I am interviewing with really wants someone to start right away and are willing to house me until I can find a place to live.

I am planning on going up to Mt. Pleasant this Friday night, and hopefully staying part of the day on Saturday. I am going mostly to see my friend Jonathon play football, his team is playing Mt. Pleasant that day. BUT I am also wanting to see people before I leave! I mean, I hope you can all come out and visit me, but I want to see you still! Now you all have an excuse to come to Chicago!!! AND a free place to stay! It can be like old times, everyone can come over and I'll make you things, yummy things, and we can play games!! Aww!!!

Ok, well... that's all I know for now! I'll let you all know as soon as I hear from my interview! Pray for me!! 6:00 Michigan time on Sunday!!!

No comments: