Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Are you serious??


So.... I am.... uh... moving to Chicago!!!






Crazy right??


I thought you might say that! :)

Ok, so here's the deal. Last week I applied to a place called TeacherCare. The next day they called me for a phone interview. That night I was on my way to Chicago for a face-to-face interview the next day. I got offered a position and now all I am waiting for is a placement. If you want to check out TeacherCare you can at teachercare.com. Basically, it's an agency that finds "teachers" for families in Chicago who want an alternative to daycare. Right now I am waiting to hear back from the families that I looked over and sent my information to. I am working with a great gal named Stephanie and she is working her butt off to find me a placement!

Where will I live you ask? What a good question! I will live on the north side of Chicago probably very close to Arlington Heights (where the star is on the map).

Who will I be living with?? Also a very good question. I will be living with my dear friend Sarah Hoover. We met this summer at Youth Haven. We are both really excited about the move and I think we are both a little scared too. Living with her should be really good. She is a little more familiar with Chicago than I and I am a little morefamiliar with living in the real world so we should be able to support eachother. She is really great and I'd like all of you to meet her! I think though you might have to come to Chitown to do that because of how fast the move is coming.

Which brings along my next topic... when I am moving!! I think it will be around the 2nd of October or later. The availablity of apartments looks like it will take us about that long to find a place, if not a little after that date. I will keep you all updated on my next steps.

I am very excited about this opportunity to get out there and spread my wings a little bit. It is going to be an adaventure that's for sure!!

I decided I'd put in some pictures of things around here in case some of you wonder what the Orchard looks like. This is my life for now until I leave for Chicago. I am assistant manager at the store and I am in charge of a lot of things. It's going to be hard to leave my Dad knowing that he could use the help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Sara said...

Didn't you get the memo that the cool thing to do is to move to North Carolina?