Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dreams

Something interesting and intriuging for me to ponder over in the past few days is this: I had a dream with scripture in it. Although I am not entirely sure yet what it all means, I do believe it means something. I think that God speaks to us or can, through our dreams.
The scripture is HOSEA 2 :20. This is the first time I have had a dream were when I woke up I knew I needed to look something up. The interesting thing is that underneath that scripture reference it said, The Lord's Word is Truth. In my dream I was supposed to speak on that topic with the scripture being my support. When I woke up to read it I found that it did indeed relate to me in a way I hadn't even realized I needed relating.

For those of you who don't know, Hosea was a prophet who was told by God to marry a promiscuous woman named Gomer. The book of Hosea is thought to be an allegory too about God's feelings about Israel at the time. The land had gone through a lot of kings all in a short period of time and most of the transitions involved a lot of bloodshed.
In Chapter 2 (I'd recommend reading it for yourself too in case I screw something up), God is talking about how horrible this woman Gomer is and how Hosea should basically throw her out. In the end though it is the change in Gomer (who symbolized Israel) that God wanted not her riddance. So, this brings me to 2:20 which follows a lot of descriptions of the place God will take in Gomer's life over the bad life she had before. "I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD. " Based on where I am and the dream, there are parts of this chapter including this verse that I think are related to both me personally and the family I work for. Everything before verse 20 I tend to think more of something related to me and verse 20-23 I think of my family.
If you find the time, give it a little read and pray for me. Pray for my clarity in gleaning what God would have me glean out of this passage, verse, and/or Book. Without dwelling on this scripture for two long I feel like God is telling me two basic things: He will fill me, and fulfill what I am longing for, AND Something about the fate of my family and how important it is that I am here. I also talked to Sarah about it who God had used this scripture to speak and heal her some a few years ago. She encouraged me to read the book, Redeeming Love, and so I think I will do that too.

No comments: