Monday, June 28, 2004

The Wedding

Some of you already heard the story but here is an overview for those of you who didn't hear:

     The wedding started late and was full of off key music and even a piece with a missing melody line. The gazebo (where the ceremony took place, at my grandparents house) was graced by cheesy melodramatic looks from the bride. The cheese was also present in the fact that Dee had a big poofy dress and a veil over her face when she walked up to be given away. It was an ok time all around, just very long and unrealistic seeming. One could tell that my father had no hand in planning, not really his style.
     I felt ok during the ceremony, just tried to convince myself it was all reality.
I praise God that I was able to handled it as well as I did, without anger or animosity... That was totally God working in me, I know it wasn't me! The confusion of what was real was a refreshing feeling from the fear and concern I felt previous.
Thank you to all of you who prayed for me on Saturday and are continuing to pray for me as we transition into living together and sharing a blended family bond.

No comments: