Saturday, October 07, 2006

All Moved In!

Ok, so I don't have much time...Here's the scoop!

I moved in on Sunday Oct. 1st with my roomie Sarah Hoover. It was a very long day, as was the day to follow. Since then though, each day has gotten better. We are all unpacked and our apartment finally looks like our home! Combining Sarah and I's belongings was easy and it's definitely a place for both of us. I like her stuff and she likes mine. I'm so glad she is my roommate. I think it is going to be a blast.

I worked two days last week for my family and I start officially on Monday. My two days last week were marvelous. My first day I was practically brought to tears because I was overfilled with joy! Philly the twin with the brain condition is the most beautiful child I have ever laid eyes on. He has the innocence of a new born. Dark blue eyes, blonde untamable hair, lovely soft fair skin... He is just a doll! I adore him. His sister Halley is great too! We went outside and picked leaves and we threw around the big ball a little in the house.

The front room is dedicated to the children and their therapies. There is a big mat on the floor with toys and activities everywhere! It is definitely a fun room and we spend a lot of time there.

I think my time at work will be very full and fast-paced which is nice. We will be going in and out of the house to therapies and appointments, when we are home we always have something for the kids to do! I am very excited to get things started and find out what a typical week looks like. I get to have a carseat in my car, which for me is a dream! Basically, I get to my a pseudo mom! It's very thrilling!

So, today I am in Fort Wayne visiting a friend for her Birthday and I will be returning home to Palatine tomorrow afternoon.

I don't have a computer right now, but I did find the library so my correspondence may be delayed, but never fear, it will still come. I am going to work really hard at staying in touch!

Talk to you all soon!!!

1 comment:

Sarahhh said...

sweetness, Liz!

Glad to hear from you, as always :-)