Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You are Probably Wondering What is Happening with me, and if You're not I am Going to Tel You Anyway!!

So, here is the past week or so of my life.

  • Marathon weekend!!! It was so awesome to have to opportunity to spectate at the Chicago Marathon. I loved cheering on my dearest Sarah and Emily! It felt so good to finally see her run after all the hard work she put in. She ran so strong. I was utterly amazed with her! She rocked my world that day and I am so proud. It was cool to be a part of something bigger than me too, although I was still played a significant part. It was fun to run around the city with Rebecca and Shawn. I haven't gotten to spend much time with shawn, so it was good to have that and to be doing something together for Sarah. It was a full weekend, but generally a pleasant and exciting one. Having Rebecca there was great too, I am so glad she made the trip!

  • Had an all-day working interview with the Perlman Family (kids= Samuel and Leah) on Monday the 23rd.

  • Went to Goodrich for a crappy, yet financially smart five days. During those five days good things happened like, playing with Maria and Charlie, seeing my grandmother, eating HOT donuts, free food, and one of my most favorite parts, visiting Krista in Lansing.

  • After returning home to Palatine on Sunday night I got up early to work another full day at the Perlman's. It was a good day. Felicia, the mom was there all day so it was good to get to know her a little. And I love the current nanny Brianna. We get along pretty well, and I really enjoy her company. We got about an hour of time just us to sit down and chat. The kids were great, and very fun. At the end of the day I got offered the position and I accepted! I will start my work with them the 4th of Dec. This means though, that I have a whole month without an significant income other than building a website for the Orchard, working a few days here and there for the Perlman's, and babysitting this weekend for Sarah's family. Although that scares the crap out of me, I know that God will provide enough for me to get by. I have confidence in that.

Today was my Sabbath day and I took advantage of it so far. I did some exploring around Palatine and got some yummy treats in celebration of getting a job. I found a bakery! I was looking for donuts, but found bread instead. It bought a delicious loaf and decided I could enjoy it longer and guilt free in comparison to the donut I was considering. I also bought a wrap for lunch! It was a Caesar wrap, just the way I like it. And I stopped at Jewel for some Naked smoothies!! I got this one called the Green Machine. It was delicious fruits like apples, kiwi, pineapple, and mango, but tucked away in it is a plethora of vegetables and you can't even taste it! I felt so proud to be drinking such a healthful treat!!

This week I am hanging out, doing some cleaning, laundry, maybe some cooking. Then Friday I am working for the Perlman's, Saturday I am working for the Wiltse's, and Sunday I am sure I'll do something exciting!

So, the main point of the story is, God has provided a job for me. It's not in the way I thought it would be, and it's going to be long hours, and a significant commute, but it is just what I need. I know it is, because if it wasn't I wouldn't have it. I will have to bust my booty to be careful and responsible and thoughtful of my finances, but in the end it will be worth it. I know I will learn a ton. I know that it won't always look at great as it does today, but I think somedays it will look even better, which makes it all worth it to endure.

No comments: