Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Things

I am doing some new things this week, things I've never done before and it's very exciting!

First of all I am feeling much better than I have in about 4 months! It's totally amazing. When I wake up in the morning I actually WANT to get out of bed instead of feeling exhausted overwhelmed, and ill. I didn't even realize it until today. I'm sure glad I feel better, I was worried there for a while! Thank you to all who have been praying about my health! It's working! WOOT WOOT!! YAY JESUS!

This week is our first week of children at the ranch. So far it's going really well. At times I don't feel confident, but as the week goes on I am getting the hang of things. The staff that I work most closely with are really great and I have been enjoying working right along side them. The kids are great too, I've had a few problem children, but for the most part my talking to them ends on a positive note.

Tonight we have skit night, tomorrow is the carnival and then Saturday the kids go home. I think I will always remember these first kids and this first week. I have already learned so much from them and from watching my co-workers interact with them. There are times that I am so so tired, but the joy of seeing these children grow and be stretched and experience real love really overcomes all that. Hopefully this joy can last all summer! :)

Let's see... anything else new in my life?? YES! I am offically moved out of my apt. in Mt. Pleasant as of last Saturday. It was a long long day with only my dad and I moving all my stuff. I wanted to just throw it all away instead of move it. I'm sure I'll be glad I have it once I move out on my own again... whenever that will be I don't know. I think I am hoping more for sooner than later. I just love having my own place; cooking, cleaning, my fluffly bed, walking around naked, having people over, reading a book on my lumpy and gross couch... I miss it all.

I think that's about all the important new news. I could go on for hours about details of camp and my visit home with the kids, but frankly I just don't have enough time! I'd love some calls from all of you, or an e-mail or something. I've heard from some of you, but I am longing to know how you are doing!!! So either get a blog and update it or call me yo! lol don't call me "yo", just call me. hee hee

Ok, so I gotta go for real! Hope to see some of you soon! Maybe sooner than the Wowzer wedding!

Amber, I was thinking about you today. I miss you a million! I want to squeeze you!
I miss everyone else too!!
Shout out to my out of state cuties! *Snuggle Snuggle*

I'll end with this poem for my new friend:

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Sarah Hoover, you're my friend
I love you!!

THE END.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sara Hoover? Sara Monson would also fit in that poem. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Liz! I'm glad your week was soooo great!!!!

Lizzie said...

AH! I have friends!! I am so glad that people are checking this thing!

Sara Monson-- you definitely fit into the poem!

Krista-- I miss you a ton! Thanks for checking my blog! I hope things are going well with your visitors! I love you very much!