Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Doing my thing

I'm alive... still doing the job search/working for Julie/starting at the Day Care tomorrow.

It's almost New Years and it's strange that another year has gone by. Don't know what I am doing to celebrate a year past and a new year to come, but for some reason it feels imiportant for me to recognize it more than I have before. I always liked New Years celebrations, butit was mostly for the fun, friends, and food. We used to have a sleepover at my friend Aimee's house. We'd stay up all night. Watch for the countdown until the ball dropped kiss everyone and then go back to the party we were having including games, food and St. Julian's!! The girls would stay with her and the guys would stay with James who lived behind her. In the morning Aimee's mom would make us pancakes and bacon. I have many fond memories of those years!

This year is weird. I will be in Mt. Pleasant and I don't have any definite plans. There are things I'd like to do, but don't know if they will work out. There are people I'd like to spend it with, but most won't be around. Tricia will be with me though, so we'll have to be sure to make it meaningful.

10 days after the New Year begins I will be 22. I am not sure how I feel about that. For some reason I have been wanting everything in my life to have meaning lately. I get bored with unmeaningful things and I feel more enthused to make things matter. Maybe this is what happens when one turns 22... they get more sentimental about lifes milestones. Or maybe it's just me.

I am off to take Julie (the elderly lady) to the hospital. I was already there this morning because Heather was dehydrated because of a stomache flu of sorts and she needed a ride. I've already got two hours of sitting in a waiting room today under my belt, why not make it three or four!!!

goodbye

No comments: