Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Last Hoorah

Well, here I am in the extended hours study catching up with my personal life via internet before I start on my academic life via Microsoft Word!

I have one more week of internship, a busy week at that. I have four resident assesments, one or two programs still to develop and implement, 2 chart audits, 5 program assesments, two staff parties, as well as regular programs and 1:1 with residents!!! It's going to be full, full of excitment, writing, evaluating, saying goodbye, and a bittersweet end on Friday. I am happy for my experiences there and the friendships I have made with both residents and staff. I cannot even imagine not seeing them everyday. To some of the dementia patients I have quite an attatchment;

Emma, who cries all the time, for reasons I once did not know, but now know it's because she is so severely confused. If you talk to her though, or have her fold towels she stops.
Gladys, who always tells me, "Oh honey, you look so pretty". She also asks if she can stay that night and inquires about a cost.
Gladys #2, who always calls me a son of a B**** unless I give her a cookie, then I am a saint.
Alice, who doesn't speak, but every once and a while I can make laugh.
Edna, who always laughs at everything I say.
Martha, who is very demanding in the most humourus way asking, "Lady, could get me a saw, I just want to saw these straps off"... later.... "Lady at the desk, lady at the desk I know you can hear me, get me some scissors, I'll take good care of them".
Naomi, who will tell you to shutup unless you approach her with a question instead of a statement.
Bud, who has Spine cancer and is often in pain. He is quite funny though when you talk to him and has come on to me a few times... hee hee

There are so many others that I adore and so many that have died since I've been there that will always have a place in my heart. I feel blessed to have met them and served them.

Tonight I am going to watch at least part of the Survivor Finale at Kristins, and then finish my project/paper for my internship. It should be a good night. Ohhh, and I am going to make a wish list on Target.com for my dad. I think I am going to ask for kitchen stuff!!! Wooo!!!

I hope to journal as the week goes on, hope all is well with everyone else!!

No comments: