Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Update

Hello.

So.... I am moving back home. Just for the summer though. My job in Mt. Pleasant was not working out and so I am quitting. It was good experience but not enough hours. I got an opportunity to work at the Subway here in Goodrich again and so I am jumping on that. I will be moving in with my grandma to keep her company and help her do things. I think it will be fun and good for both of us. It will probably be hard too. I might have rules and restrictions and stuff.... AHHHHHH!!!! hee hee... I am her little fav. though so I am sure she'll let me do what I want.

Grandpa is still alive. He was looking pretty good for a few days an "upward spurt" they call it. Sometimes happens right before someone dies. Yesterday his heart was racing so fast; about twice as fast as mine! Now he is on Morphine for pain (that may have caused the racing heart) and a medicine that helps him relax. He was looking pretty awful yesterday.
Last night I stayed the night at hospice with grandma. I had a very hard and skinny bed. Grandma and I had some good giggles right before bed which was fun. I didn't get much sleep. I'll take a nap after I am done posting. Grandpa was very quiet during the night, a little too quiet. I was worried when I woke up after a few hours of not hearing him take a gurgling breath like her usually does. I woke up, heard nothing and thought... oh no, he's dead!! What do I do?? Luckily grandma woke up a few seconds later and sat up and checked on him. This morning she said he was barely breathing at that point.
I don't know how this whole death thing works exactly. Apparently everyone's different. Grandpa's roomate died yesterday. I was in the room when it happened. The man just stopped breathing. He took a few deep breaths after that, but then he was gone. It was so strange. It made me feel funny. I also felt curious so I kinda peeked over to see what he looked like. The room got very quiet, and stayed that way for a while. It was strange knowing there was a dead guy in the next room. His family was sitting all around him. Weird I tell you.... just weird. I wonder how it will work with us.
I was going to go back up to school today to finish up my class, but now my key won't go into my ignition. Before it took a little jiggling, now all the jiggling in the world couldn't help. It must be from the accident... somethings out of place or something. The car place said that they can't get me in until the end of the week. So, going back up is out of the question for now. Good thing my prof was understanding of my situation before I left. If not, I'd be in trouble. I hope I can work something out with her. This is my last class and I don't want to mess it up!!
Ok, I am going back to my house now for a nap. After that I have to start writing this paper for my class so I don't fail!!!!
PEACE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my little friend. I am happy that I can read about your life here. It sounds like you are doing well. I love you and miss you. I am praying for you and your family. Call me when you get a chance to. I am going to Chicago again this weekend for a dance thingy. Love,
Megan