Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Let's Never Rollerblade again OK?? OK.

So, today I had to rollerblade to the library because I was late for class... I was early, but then Heather couldn't get my car started because of my weird key-not-going-in-the-hole issue and she needed to go to work. I walked home and decided I should hurry back and use my rollerblades to speed up the process. Well... that was a big mistake.

On the way home I had a tragic rollerblading accident!!! I was going too fast and couldn't stop. CRASH BANG BOOM!!! I was on the ground my purse was under me filled with odds and ends that were very hard. I shot back up and looked around making sure no one saw me. Then I almost fell back down because the wind kinda got knocked out of me. All I could say was "Oh, crap!". It hurt so badly, but I tried to shake it off.

The pain kept getting worse so I went to the ER. It was quite anti-climatic as Krista said when conveying the story to her, and they sent me home with some motrin. I am just glad I am not broken or cracked.

So now, I am not going to be rollerblading anytime soon. I think I am going to go home and eat some ice cream and go to bed.

1 comment:

Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Liz! My poor winded dear. I'm glad that nothing was broken but a rollerblade fall stinks. I tried using my brother's just a few weeks ago and I got going too fast and thought, "this is so not a safe sport." I didn't have any protective gear on. I'm a bit afraid of going back to them...
I love you:)
Joylynn