Sunday, May 22, 2005

Wedding Bells

Yesterday was Megan and Jeff's wedding day. It was a gorgeous day outside and in! The decorations were divine, and the ceremony was perfect. The reception was filled with good music, great friends, a bustle broken by a little girl (don't worry I fixed it!), yummy food, a romantic dance, plenty of laughs, reunions, and a birthday cake too!!
The time before the wedding I ran around communicating between bride, groom, officiant, and families. It was pretty fun, I love stuff like that. Everything ran very smoothly.

The ceremony was just perfect for the two of them! Everything was done with such quality, especially the music and dance. Yesterday truly was a celebration of the two of them.

When they left the church I helped Megan and Jeff unload their gifts and wished them a happy honeymoon. Then I got to my car and realized I forgot my keys! I almost just walked home and waited for them to call me later (partly because I was scared they would be naked already based on a story I heard earlier that day, but more because I knew how much they wanted to relax). They were so happy to just be together; alone without people being weird to them, or taking their picture, I didn't want to be a lame-o. I decided that I might as well just interrupt their togetherness now instead of later. We all laughed when I came back, and I got to wish them a second goodbye! :)

I just looked down the street (I am in the extended hours study) and saw Megan and Jeff pick up Jeff's car! They are off for their honeymoon on Mackinac Island! Lots of fun and fudge to come!!!

Today at church we had a great service! We learned about conflict and how to deal with it. If anyone wants to hear the sermon it's at mpcc.org... Probably will be posted within the week. The things Pastor Scott had to say were very valuable and applicable! Then after that couples in the church who had already gone through a special packet on their own were invited to come up on stage and renew their vows. It was so great! They all looked at each other with sincere love. The sparks were flying!!!

Joylyn and her new man Thor came to stay with me last night after the wedding. We went to Doozies, watched Shrek 2 and Joy and I had girl talk in my room until late. It was so great to be able to catch up, and just talk like we used to! Thor is great too! He was a very gentlemanly, considerate fello.

Today I am studying, eating a yummy leftover lunch, possibly napping, maybe watching a movie later with Jes and Natalie, and generally relaxing!!! Ah! It feels so good to have a day of rest!

PEACE!

No comments: