Saturday, August 30, 2014

1st AC

I just finished up working on a short film called Flyway, directed by a friend of mine. It was an amazing experience. This is the second short film I have worked on with this director and crew. The story follows a group of teen boys on a little adventure that must remain nameless until further notice. ;)


On the set of the last film I was a production assistant. I basically helped out wherever needed whether that was holding lights, running errands, and recording sound bytes for audio. This time around I had a more involved role as the 1st AC (assistant camera). I worked with the Director of Photography which I learned, entails much more than just holding the camera and pressing record.

I got to use the slate, help set up the camera, and do my favorite and most challenging part; pulling focus. I can't wait to see the finished product and think to myself, "Hey! I did that!" when the focus changes from close to far in a scene.

After four long and satisfying days of shooting I feel alive! I feel ready to take on the world. My brain is awake and my body is tired yet stirring with anticipation of the next adventure in life. Working on this film is just what I needed.

I am dreaming today about what is next... what will the next year bring? What steps to my goals and aspirations will I take in the coming weeks? It feels good to feel motivated and excited about what is to come instead of feeling like waiting will never end.



No comments: