Thursday, May 04, 2006

Summer Goals

OK, so in my Turbo Kick class we were encouraged to set some goals for ourselves for the summer time. At Midterms we set one goal, one thing that we'd like to change. My goal was to not buy junk food from the grocery store and to eat fruit first if I wanted a snack and then if I was still hungry I could have something else. It worked out pretty well, so I am excited for these new goals!

Janet (my instructor and pretty much the coolest kid I know), explained that wellness has 6 demensions; physical, intellectual, occupational, emotional, social, and spiritual. All of these elements compliment eachother and have to work together to acheive true wellness. She said to think of it as a wheel, all the parts come together to work just as a wheel should running smoothly and quietly along a path. If one demension is weakened then the wheel will lose air making for a very bumpy and uncomfortable ride.

So that being said, hear are the things I am going to do/keep in mind this summer as I try to make my wheel run smoothly. Some of these things are new things that I need to start doing and some are old things I just need to keep up on that I at times let slide.

Physical
Engage in 30 minutes of rigorous activity daily
Stretch to stay flexible
Do a zillion cruches every night to gain the abs of my dreams!
Watch my caloric intake as well as the quality of foods I am eating
Intellectual
Read at least one chapter dailyof the Bible
Read at least one chapter daily of a book for pleasure
Engage in mind strengthing/logic games weekly such as Soduko
Occupational
Meet all goals for my internship going above and beyond when possible
Finish my BIG paper on time and with excellent quality
Emotional
Take time to myself weekly to do something I enjoy
Identify a person on camp grounds that I can confide in during times of trial and stress
Social
Reach out and make new friends, having me be the one who is inviting and warm
Keep in touch with CMU/IV/family/everyone over the summer regualrly either through snail-mail, e-mail, or phone
Spiritual
Find a church in my summer location that I can be fed by
Give my 1st and last word to God EVERYDAY!
Spend time in silence/meditation listening, praising, learning, just engaging with God daily
Ok, so that's it! Those are my goals. Some of them are going to be really hard! I am starting today with a work out at the SAC!!! YES!!! Then I'll come home for some delicious lunch! I am packing today for my departure of this wonderful town. I need to figure out what I need for Cedar, what I need for camp, and hopefully everything else will fit into the boxes I have... if not I might have to start giving things away!! hee hee
The sunshine today is making me happy, and feeling productive. I think I'll open the windows and blast my music when I get home! YES!!! AND I am so excited to start wearing shorts!! SCORE!

No comments: