Friday, January 27, 2006

Giggle Pants

Hi. I am not really giggling, but I feel like it would be funny if I were. So, lets just pretend.

This week has been pretty full. My life doesn't seem too hectic, it's on the line of having just enough, or not enough to do. I still have to find more work somewhere, hopefully at the Res. Restaurants. I am looking for another 10+ hours somewhere!!! :)

So far I am enjoying my food service jobs. Tues. and Thurs. I made Wraps in Robinson, and Today in Carey I swept, stocked, and served (there wasn't really anything for me to do so I kept getting switched around). Later this evening I am working in Merill... where I will clean some more. I have a blister on my thumb from the two hours of sweeping I did. Other than the blister this week has been GREAT! I love making food and serving people!!! I met knew friends, and got free meals! YAY!

Now I am headed home for some cleaning, packing, and showering... I am very dirty. Tonight I am going to Grass Lake for a retreat with IV. It used to be called Genesis, but now it is called Sanctuary. I am looking forward to getting closer to my small group, and catching up with other friends that I haven't really talked to yet this semester. I hear there is a pool and hot tub at the conference center, so I am very excited!!!

Last weekend I did the Leadership Summit, and it went really well! The speakers were enlightening, and I got to meet some good people, specifically middle-aged married men. I got to know the pastor more and it was really inspiring to hear some of his passions and convictions in a more personal setting. The biggest thing I took away from the weekend was this; I am OK where I am... being that I am in a point in my life where I don't know what the heck is ahead of me. I have a blank piece of paper in front of me and I can do so many things with it. The key to staying on the right path is looking to God for guidance, keeping Him as my light and my path maker, and submitting to him some of my wishes if need be. I felt very encouraged to use my open-mind about my future to the best of my ability to give God the most glory!!! YAY for affirmation!!! Thanks Jesus!

Ok, so now I am going to go home and do all of my stuff before my next shift!

No comments: