Sunday, October 23, 2005

Update

Hello. How do you do? That's a funny phrase isn't it? It's like... how do I do what? I don't know, it's just funny... too many dos in a short amount of time.

In my last entry I talked about Connie, my favorite resident at work who was not doing well. She passed away (or expired in technical terms) last weekend. Things just don't seem the same without her. She used to sit by the fish tank, and by a certain column in the dining room. Often I have found myself look there expecting to see her, and feeling awkward remembering she is gone. Other significant people have died since then too, and it's just a strange feeling. Now that I have rapport, and relationships with these residents it's a big deal when they die, I feel a void. This makes me want to work even harder for them, pray for them and with them more often, get to know them and care for them. It is good and bittersweet all at once.

In other news my life is at another turning point. I don't know exactly which way I am turning, but I am definitely trying to make it more towards God and whatever I am supposed to be doing for and in Him right now. I may have to give up things and take on things that are hard, uncomfortable, and may even leave hard feelings. I am hoping though that people can understand why I am doing what I am doing. Day by day a confusing mess becomes more of a comforting peace as I move closer to what I think may be a solution.

Things in IV are going to change which excites me very much. I am looking forward to all working towards a goal/idea that will finally work for the resources and people we have involved in our group right now. We have been trying so hard in the past few years to make IV great, and to rebuild, but our efforts get to a certain point and then fail, or atleast growth in one way or another stalls. I think that if we all get on board and really strive not for tradition, but for something that will work while still keeping in mind to Misson and Purpose of InterVarsity great things will be accomplished on this campus.

Dudes, I went to a sweet 80's party last night and I won a sweet prize for having the best 80's look! I wasn't even going to go to the party, but when I decided I wanted to I went all out, and it was worth it. I had a good time and it was fun to dress up. Thanks Ilene for initiating and hosting!!!

Today I went to the Hunan house. I must say that it is not a good idea for me to go to a buffet. I just don't eat enough to make it worth it. Unless of course it is Ponderosa! Ponderosa has all my favorites. But seriously, when I am eating rice, and chicken, there is only so much I can eat and that's not even a full plate. It was very delicous, but in the future I'll abstain for a menu restaurant. Besides the food our conversation was great. It was Me, Megan, Jeff, Nate and Jesse. There were good laughs, theology, fortunes/proverbs that didn't make sense, and meaningful conversation. It was refreshing to go out and have such a good time talking eventhough all of us aren't all buddy buddy or anything.

Last night Lisa stayed over which was nice. It was fun to talk about life and have a visitor. She said something that inspired me. She said that she sat down and made a list of all the things she wants to do before she settles down with a family. She said she didn't realize all the things she wanted to do! I think I am going to do it. The other day I made a list of all the things I was longing to do... you know, meaningful life changing things. Now I am going to include those with all the fun and maybe useless things I want to do!!! I'll post it when I am done.

Ok, I am off to have a chat with Ms. Kristin.

PEACE OUT YO!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are hot, chica! I like the short hair!