Friday, September 23, 2005

NEW POST

Hi.

Well, to spare everyone from my true life I feel I should make up a new one... one that is as romantic, spontaneous and lovely as Joy's. But I will continue on with my own, which is pretty sweet anyway.

The past month here at school has been interesting, challenging, fun, as well as a less emphasized, but very present crappy due to being sick.

I started my internship, and as many of you who talk to me regularly know, I love it. I am making meaningful relationships with my co-workers, and creating wonderful bonds with my residents. Unlike the other staff, I as an intern, work both 1st and sencond floor. The rest of the recreation staff are assigned to just one floor. This makes for two things: more to remember, and more people to care for.

I like getting to know the residents, talking to them, and wheeling them around in their chairs. I have many stories if anyone cares to hear them, and I might just tell you even if you don't. heh.

Just today I had to go in to talk to a new lady and fill out an Activity Assesment where I ask an individual about their interests or things they'd like to be involved in. When I went in and asked the lady how she was doing she replied, "Well, I had a throwing up session right after therapy, and then I went to something else and they brought me back here and I just had another throwing up session." She tells me this while holding a puke container, luckily it was not used yet. The whole time I was praying that she didn't puke on me. :)


Other than my internship and a month long sickness that I am going to the doctor about on Monday and will fill you in on later, my life has been full of friends, IV, TV, and more IV. :) I am the large group coordinator this year, which is something I've never done before, but am enjoying flying by the seat of my pants for now.

I am going home this weekend and I get to see my family and my Sandy, and my baby, ohhh and the BELLY!!! For those of you who don't know Sandy is pregnant again! I think it's a boy. I can't wait to get home to squeeze everyone.

Now it is time for... da da da DAH!!! That's right MORE IV!!! Tonight is fun-night for open house and we're going to deerfield park! WOOT WOOT!!

No comments: