Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A Turn

My life is taking a turn... I don't know for what... good or bad, slight or huge... but it's a turn none the less. I told you something was going to happen!!

Yesterday while talking to my dear friend Tasha I realized something:

I AM AT COLLEGE!! I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A TOTAL BLAST DAY AND NIGHT, DO CRAZY THINGS, LEARN A TON, BE A YOUNG ADULT WITHOUT A FULL-TIME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasha was talking about how she is being freed from all this stuff that she has been carrying around with her. She shared with me Luke 15... I was listening, I really was... but while she was talking I was coming to a realization. I need to pick myself up everyday, dust myself off and move on. I want to have fun and spend time with people, and do cool things. I hate how I have somehow become more unstable than I was before I came here to CMU. Maybe it's stress, but I never let "unfortunate or hard" things be an excuse to get me down before!!! I want my struggles to be stepping stones, my hurts to be spring boards for a better life, a deeper joy.

So, all in all I think the turn is something that could be huge, right now I am just taking it a day at a time. Which is what I used to do...

I am glad the sun is out today. At least it's sorta out.

Tonight I have small group, and then I will sleep.

1 comment:

Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Dearest Lizzie,
It sounds like so much has been happening in you recently. Praise God on high from whom all blessings flow. I love you.
Joylynn