Friday, January 12, 2007

Update Schmupdate

Hello. I thought since both of my little ones (the ones in IL) are sick and napping, I'd write a little update.

Things here are going pretty well. I just had my 23rd birthday and also hit the one month mark on the 4th since I started my job here as a nanny. Thursday was my first official day as the official nanny without Brianna with me, who was the current nanny. I will miss her a lot because we created a friendship, but it will make things a little easier around here now that I am the one and only. Everything was so complicated with two of us, there was so much more organizing, and dicipline was a challenge. I liked being with Brianna though because we had fun and together we laughed at the weird things the people of this world do.

All of that being said, I love my job. Everyday eventhough I am crazy tired I am excited to get to work and see my kids. They are like mine. I get to drive them around in a minivan and feed and clothe them. I get to play games with them and teach them manners, social norms, music, physical activities, and responsibility. Today I took Samuel to Piano and then back home so he could have lunch with his grandmother. I took Leah to school, then bowling, then a "mom and me" cooking class. Then I got to put her down for her nap and soon I will get her and feed her dinner. It's awesome. The only thing I don't get to do is put them to bed and wake up with them in the morning. I even give them their baths during the week. It's an amazing feeling to wake up every morning filled with joy and ready to take on the day.

What a turn-around from where I just was a couple months ago when I didn't have a job. I dreaded every day then. Now I can't remember much what it felt like, only that it felt crappy over and over again week after week. It was worth the wait though, and the lonliness, and the struggle. It was totally worth it!

I am starting to make friends at church now too. Tonight I am going over to a friends house and hanging out. She said there would be like 20 people there, which excites me greatly! I am ready to meet people and to start really getting to know them.

Ok, duty calls... time to make the Mac N' Cheese!! It's organic and fancy, yet easy!! And I need to do some cuddling!

No comments: