Thursday, June 04, 2009

Next Steps

I am excited to reveal to you what’s next for me in my adventures. As time has gone on, I have realized even more fully my love and compassion for children, families, and those who are without a voice, are marginalized and in seemingly hopeless situations. These passions have now led me to action. The dream I am working and praying will come true, took shape after several conversations with one of my very best friends.

The conversations went from very practical ways of loving people, to very magical thoughts of becoming fairies, flying about blessing people and doing good in the world. *giggle* The one thing we really landed on solidly, that I am now planning for and walking toward, is opening a home for children in need and becoming a foster parent.

In the next three years, I will be doing everything I can to make this dream a reality. So far, the vision is simply this; have a home and a support system of family, friends and partners in crime, take in foster children, and hopefully bring hope into broken and hurting families. I hope to be a redeeming contributor in the foster care system, while being a part of the healing of children, families and single parents. The initiative will start small with one child at a time, but may possibly expand, taking in more children, doing specialized care for those who have HIV/AIDS, or terminal illnesses. I am also considering in the further future to take in young teens that are pregnant until their baby is born.

I could probably write many more pages about the inspirations and how I got to this point, but you now at least have a glimpse into my future goals. I would love to discuss further with you how I will be working towards this, inspirations, places I need prayer, and ways you can partner with me if you are interested.

In my immediate future I have secured a job for the summer that will provide me with a steady income. I am going to be a nanny again (more on that later-- I start June 8th). My #1 goal for this next year in preparation for Foster Care, is to eliminate all of my debts, and I am well on my way!

I am also in conversation with a local organization that assists single mothers, to become their primary childcare giver, offering a sort of nanny/daycare service in their homes as well as some life/parenting coaching. Just think Super Nanny with twist, and I think you’ll have the idea. J
Once again, if you would like to hear more, I would love to meet with you or talk with you via phone or e-mail, about where I’m headed. The most important, and urgent thing I am asking for at this time, is prayer. Please pray that I am listening with an open heart and obedience to what I hear God whispering (and sometimes yelling) to my soul. If you have any suggestions, experience, or thoughts related to my current pursuits, please feel free to share them with me!


Love You All!!!



Some girls who are currently in the foster care system that I am praying for. The little one was exposed to Meth in utero and the other two have some social and emotional difficulties. I am praying that they a good family will take in these little ones.

No comments: