Thursday, July 13, 2006

Life Before Youth Haven

This morning I woke up and remembered that my life didn't start on May 17th when I arrived here at Youth Haven Ranch. I have a whole life behind me, a whole set of friends and experiences that in the midst of camp I had forgotten existed. I may not have forgotten completely, but the details were blurry and fading. This morning though it all came flooding back to me.

I miss you my dear friends. I was reading some letters and notes from you and it made me long to see your faces. Luckily this weekend some of us will be re-united once again. I want to know how you are doing and what you are doing, and I want to laugh with you and be dumb together.

Megan, I miss you. I miss our Thursdays. I miss cooking and eating with you and Jeff. I miss sitting on the couch together, the three of us, all cuddled together in one spot when there is room enough for all of us to sprawl out. I miss the way you smell, and the comfort of looking into your eyes; eyes that have seen me at my best and worst, that know me so well I don't have to speak a word to communicate.

Jess Relitz I miss you too. I want to come see you soon! I want to embrace! hee hee

Sara Monson, I miss spending time with you, and I miss knowing what you are doing.

Joylynn, I miss making you giggle, and listening to you sing... oh how your voice melts me.

Amber, dude.... I need you... and I need to stay up late with you and talk about nothing and everything at the same time.

Krista, I miss getting my butt whooped in skippy.

Kristin, I miss talking to you online and distracting you from the things you should be doing, including sleep.

Michelle, I miss sharing my fluffy bed with you, and making you laugh so hard you convulse.

Tricia, where are you?? I miss our dinners and random drop-ins.

J-Garv, I miss playing the bongos with you.

Nicko, I miss your pimp self.

Sarahhh, I miss living with you. How's China?

Lisa, I miss your playful nature and oogling boys with you... lol

Johnson Man, I miss your 1800's ways.

Annie, I miss making you blush.

Brandon, I miss hearing about the weather.

Erin, I miss your voice and our lunch dates.

Lauren, I miss your sarcasm and studying the Bible with you.

Josh, I miss the way you talk and your guitar playing.

Brian, I miss making you wraps.

Rob, I miss our hang-out time.

Laura, I miss being your roomie, watching movies, getting our fortune told by the red fish, and you sticking your hand on my seat right before I sit down.

For everyone else in my life I miss you too. I just keep coming up with people, but I have to go and do Archery with one of the teams so I have not time to feature you all here. You are in my heart though, and I am thinking of you today.

Today is a funny day here at camp. We have a short week at camp this week and so today is a combination of what we do on Wednesdays and Thursdays. All-camp will be really good because we will have team-leader hunt, the kids love it and the team-leaders do too. Then tonight we will be doing Skit Night. That is usually pretty fun as well. I am praying for a good day!

Ok my litt froo-froos. I adore you and cherish you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!! So good!

Joylynn Rasmussen said...

My dear Liz,
I miss you too my friend and am honored you still remember me;) How about a road trip down to see Larva when she moves here? you and Krista can high tail it down here and the 4 of us will go to Walmart and each buy one thing for $1.

I love you!
Joylynn

Sarahhh said...

:-)
I agree with Krista